Total Pageviews

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Day Two of Raw Food

I'm actually running a day behind in my posts so that I can download the photos to add to the pages.   This morning we had carrot/beet/radish/carrot/granny smith apple juice.   I always use the carrot/granny smith apple base for my juice and add other things depending on what I am trying to accomplish.   Beets are a very potent liver cleanser and radishes purify the blood.   I wanted to use them to slow down the healing crisis.  Gerson Therapy uses the carrot/granny smith apple juice to treat cancer.   If you have never seen the documentary "The Beautiful Truth" it is available free online to watch and it is great.  It takes about a week of daily juicing for us to start looking like we have a strange orangey color from the beta carotene.  It is harmless, just back off the carrots and beets a few days and it goes away.   Of all the things we do to improve our overall health I think juicing is the most beneficial for us.  We both feel much better and have more energy when we are juicing.   The only time we don't juice is when I run out of vegetables and don't get around to going to the market to get them.

Our Morning Juice




We brought 2 organic peaches each today to snack on until lunch.   Last night I made a huge salad for a side for dinner and that is what we are having for lunch today.
I am starting to feel the cleansing starting to affect me; I feel a little nauseated today and achey.   I just hope the salad we eat at lunch slows it down some.   

For dinner we had soup, salad, and sandwiches - that is what I told John we were having anyway.   I made this cream of tomato soup and it was really good; I don't know that I would enjoy it very much in the colder winter months but it was great in this weather. 
Cream of Tomato Soup

3 ripe tomatoes, ends trimmed off and cut into wedges
1/4 cup cashews
1/2 - 1 cup water (depends on how juicy your tomatoes are)
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 clove garlic (1 teaspoon garlic powder if you don't have fresh)
a few sprigs of fresh basil (1 teaspoon of dried if you don't have fresh)

Put the cashews and 1/2 cup water in the food processor and blend until relatively smooth.  Add tomatoes and all other remaining ingredients except water; continue blending until soup is very smooth, adding more water if necessary.  Serve with a sprig of basil on top if desired.

I made another salad for Tuesday night with a garlic tahini dressing along with some guacamole and cashew cheese lettuce wraps.  I posted the recipe for the cashew cheese yesterday. 

This is the picture of the lettuce wraps before I rolled them.

We had our soup first and then we had our dinner.  The lettuce wraps are rolled here - that is our raw garlic tahini dressing in the background.

To recap the day:  we had beet/radish/ginger/carrot/granny smith apple juice for breakfast.  Peaches for a midmorning snack.  For lunch we had a huge salad leftover from the day before.  For dinner we had cream of tomato soup, arugula salad, and romaine lettuce wraps with guacamole and cashew cheese filling.  Sounds like we are having a feast!

No comments:

Post a Comment